We believe that by bringing together our unique strengths and experiences, we can create amazing results for our customers—and a great work environment for each other
What we do works for our clients, our company, and our community. No egos. No nonsense. Just results. We like it that way, and we think you will, too. If you’re a client focused all-star interested in being a part of a great company with a great culture, we’d love to get in touch.
At the core of CIS is family. We’re passionate about what we do, and we’re here for each other every step of the way
We are always on the lookout for creative, talented, driven team members
We have an amazing culture that looks beyond just “the making of money”. Our mission is to help our clients ensure that their experience and new environments delight them in every way.
The Project Manager (PM) oversees the planning, coordination, and execution of the project plan for furniture projects on behalf of CIS. As a key member of the project team, they are responsible for assisting sales and design with determining the overall scope of work, developing and maintaining the schedule, and overseeing the installation and closeout of the project to ensure all deliverables are met. The PM is also responsible for change-management and overall profitability of the project.
What You’ll Do
Project Information, Developing and Obtaining Installation Quotes
- Obtains field dimensions, determining electrical and data solutions, gathering other pertinent project information required for the designers to complete drawings and specifications on projects over 5 offices.
- Reviews floorplans and product specifications to become familiar with the project and determine scope of work.
- Conducts site visits to determine install conditions: building conditions, dock and elevator access, free and clear access to the space, after hours delivery and other requirements
- Coordinates information with Sales and Client to determine project goals, expectations, and the sequencing/phasing of the installation
- Requests delivery and install quotes on projects over 5 offices using standardized request form
- Adds budgeted and quoted PM hours to client proposal.
Project Schedule and Timeline Coordination
- Develops ‘Project Schedule’ from RFP to close-out
- Communicates with Project Coordinator to ensure timely receipt of product and truck deliveries
- Coordinates installation and construction schedules with contractors, trades, and client
- Maintains project documentation
Construction and Project Meetings
- Attends construction meetings, other pertinent project meetings, including project kick-off and pre-order meetings.
- Interfaces with CIS and customer project team members to verify and update timeline and schedule changes, communicates information to Sales team
- Obtains final installation drawings from Designer a minimum of three weeks prior to installation start
- Preinstall meeting scheduled with install company to review install drawings
- Uploads final ‘Install Packet’ to PlanGrid, including all necessary documents required for install of project
Visits and Field Verification
- Verifies critical dimensions and field verification measurements
- Verifies core drills and power pole locations
- Verifies install drawings and specs interface with site and building (ie outlet locations, columns etc)
- Conducts pre-walk thru of job site prior to install with customer and/or GC to identify any issues.
- Documents and shares site condition information with all parties utilizing PlanGrid
- Communicates daily reports from field to client via PlanGrid
- Ensures quality control is up to CIS/manufacturer standards
- Documents change orders and process
- Manages and resolves field issues and challenges
- Attends pre-walk-thru, makes sure that furniture is cleaned, and trash is removed
Punchlist, Project Closeout and Maintain Profitability
- Attends walk-thru with installation company and customer
- Directs install company on product adjustments during the walk-thru
- Generates the punchlist
- Owns the punchlist installation and project completion to the satisfaction of the customer, obtains sign-off
- Responsible for avoiding profit erosion/maintaining the overall profitability of the job
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Sound business acumen in project planning and management
- Strong verbal, written, technological and organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, reach out for help as needed
- High degree of customer service, friendliness, and empathy, be able to manage difficult customer emotions and not take things personally
TO APPLY: Send resume to email@example.com
How to apply for the positions.
Email Us — send email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume and any portfolio examples you have.
Follow Up — We will call you to set up a phone interview and/or a conference call if we like what we see!