We believe that by bringing together our unique strengths and experiences, we can create amazing results for our customers—and a great work environment for each other
What we do works for our clients, our company, and our community. No egos. No nonsense. Just results. We like it that way, and we think you will, too. If you’re a client focused all-star interested in being a part of a great company with a great culture, we’d love to get in touch.
At the core of CIS is family. We’re passionate about what we do, and we’re here for each other every step of the way
We are always on the lookout for creative, talented, driven team members
We have an amazing culture that looks beyond just “the making of money”. Our mission is to help our clients ensure that their experience and new environments delight them in every way.
The primary responsibility of a Designer is to provide technical design support for furniture budgets, space plans, product solutions, specification and pricing for projects generated by Sales/AS.
What You’ll Do
Gathers Programming Information
- Meets with Sales/AS to review scope of work, budgets and other qualifying information
- If required, visit site for additional information and participates in client meetings
- Ensures field measurements are done (PM or Sales will be assigned)
- Participates in product evaluations and presentations as requested or required
- Develops timeline with Sales
Generates Typicals for Budgeting, Participates in Product Evaluation, and Selection
- Generates typical drawings and specifications
- Collaborates with Sales to provide value engineering and/or upgrade options as requested
- Blends non-Knoll product specifications from Sales/AS into drawings
- Obtains contract #/discounting from Sales, applies discounts to CAP Worksheets
- Provides Collateral Materials, Assists with Bid or Proposal Responses
- Provides requested presentation materials (3D drawings and renderings)
- Provides required bid and proposal responses (proposal drawings and specifications)
Design, Development of Furniture Floorplan, Specifications and Finish Form for Approvals
- Generates furniture floorplan from approved typicals
- Presents floorplans to customer for approval sign-off or gives to Sales to present
- Generates CAP Worksheet specifications, applies discounting
- Create power/data plans for furniture only – provide to client
- Provides RFQ for Installation and Final Layout Drawings, Follows Spec Check Process
- Prepares pre-install drawings, specs and initiates the D&I request (if PM is not assigned)
- Conducts self-spec check of plan and specifications
- Prepares documents for final audit.
Exports SIF Files and uploads information for IQ Proposals
- Exports CAP SIF file and all other documents into IQ
- Inserts Delivery and Installation (if no PM is involved)
Generates Installation Drawings and Assists with Punchlist Specifications
- Generates installation drawings no later than 2 weeks prior to installation
- Assists PM, Sales and PC as required with generating punch specifications
- Invited to Punch walk through – attend if time allows
- Provides Design Fee and Maintains Timesheets
- Calculates Technical Design hours for projects and assists with generating Design Contracts
- Maintains accurate time records in the IQ system
Adheres to Design Standards and Company Policies
- Follows standards established for saving and naming files, drawings, specifying and other policies and standards in the Design Department
- Follows CIS company policies and procedures and Design process
- Adhere to Core Values
TO APPLY: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply for the positions.
Email Us — send email to email@example.com along with your resume and any portfolio examples you have.
Follow Up — We will call you to set up a phone interview and/or a conference call if we like what we see!